Got $74,000? Here’s what it buys you:
- The most powerful street-legal Ford Mustang ever
- A 5.2-liter supercharged V8 that produces 760 hp
- The new version has a beefed-up suspension and brakes.
- It also has a seven-speed automatic transmission that Ford promises will shift smoothly on commutes and quickly on the track.
- A hand-built engine (Michigan factory) that comes with unique pistons & more that crank out 625 foot-pounds of torque.
Accelerating from zero to 60 mph (97 kilometers per hour) in around 3.5 seconds..That’s only slightly slower than the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette, which General Motors says will do it in under three seconds.
Ford’s Patrick Morgan (Performance powertrain engineering manager) states that this new Shelby GT500 Mustang for 2020 is targeted at true blue Mustang aficionados who also want track performance.
He said the car can go from zero to 100 mph (161 kilometers per hour) and back to zero again in 10.6 seconds.
The car comes with pumps that can send gas to the fuel injectors all the way until the tank is empty. It also takes 11 quarts of oil with an oil pan that can keep the engine lubricated during extreme cornering moves on the track.
BTW, the $74K price tag includes shipping and a $2,600 gas-guzzler tax.