The brake system is your vehicle’s most important safety feature (car, truck, or SUV). Let the experts at Gilroy AutoWorks help you choose the brake service plan that is right for your vehicle and its performance.
BRAKE INSPECTION REBATE
Gilroy AutoWorks offers a rebate on brake and safety inspection fees ($59.50 most cars and light trucks)…when you schedule your brake service repair job with us. Waiting to investigate brake squeal, grinding noises or soft pedal can be a costly mistake. Call us to schedule an appointment at our conveniently located Gilroy auto repair shop for your expert, no-obligation brake inspection.
Our ASE certified technicians use the best in technology and quality parts to maintain and repair your vehicle based on manufacturer’s specifications.
Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance is vital to keeping you and others safe on the road.”
Here are several warning signs that a brake inspection for your vehicle is needed ( recommended – Car Care Council):
- Warning Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Leaking Fluid: If fluid is leaking from your brake system, there may not be enough power to force the brake pads to clamp hard to the rotors.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging, or feels soft/spongy
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Burning Smell: when brakes are applied (sometimes described as “chemical smell”)
- Brakes always eventually need to be replaced. They are a normal wear item on any vehicle. Factors that can affect brake wear include:
- Driving Habits
- Operating Conditions
- Vehicle Type
- Quality of the brake lining material
Bring your car, truck, or SUV into Gilroy AutoWorks for an inspection if you experience any of the above.